Yorkshire Gas and Power (YGP) is hiring a Debt Recovery Associate– someone to join our growing Debt Recovery Team. If you have debt recovery experience and you are looking for a challenging role, this is an ideal opportunity to join, not only one of the fastest growing energy suppliers, but one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. This is a genuine opportunity for an individual to progress their career along with the rapid growth of YGP. This role is based at LS15 8GB.
Duties & Responsibilities
The debt recovery department are accountable for our entire debt recovery process with the goal of optimising bad debt losses and reducing the risk of impact on our credit ratings for payments to suppliers. You will need to be a highly organised individual, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and you must have a resilient approach when dealing with difficult customers who are in arrears. Reporting to the Debt Recovery Team Leader, this position will see our successful candidate ensure our debt recovery process runs efficiently and effectively.
• Resilient. Not afraid to have challenging conversations
• Motivated and driven to effectively and efficiently collect debts from business customers
• Follow up on deadlines and co-ordinate further action where required (disconnection/legal)
• Ability to deal with meter disconnections with firmness but also with understanding and support
• Working with an appointed debt management company to escalate long standing debt
• Liaise with management in order to approve settlements and write-offs.
• Resolving and assisting with queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
• Process building and on-going refinement of processes
Essential Skills and Experience
• Ability to recognise and highlight potential debt risks to the business that should be escalated.
• Experience in customer services and debt recovery.
• Experience with customer negotiations to retrieve payment.
• Able to manage conflicting priorities
• Excellent communication skills at all levels.
• PC literate and competence of Word, Excel and Outlook are required.
• High standard of numeracy, accuracy with attention to detail.
• A self-starter who is pro-active, can work autonomously and can set and achieve goals.
• Ability to handle difficult customers
• Strong organisational & time management skills.
• Salary between £20,000-£22,000 dependent upon experience
• Extensive private medical/optical/dental insurance made available to all employees following
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.