Yorkshire Gas and Power (YGP) is hiring a Customer Service Advisor– someone who is passionate about delivering a first-class customer experience. This is an opportunity to join, one of the fastest growing UK energy suppliers. This is a genuine opportunity for the candidate to develop along with the rapid growth of YGP.
Duties & Responsibilities
Working within the operations team, the role will involve answering inbound customer enquiries via email and telephone, and making outbound calls spanning a multitude of query types. They will be responsible for maintaining and building positive relationships with customers. They will be proactive in handling both inbound and outbound calls, which will also involve liaising with other energy suppliers, energy brokers and industry third parties to facilitate the supply of gas and electricity to our customers across the UK. The candidate will be able to navigate through our billing system to deal with customer billing queries effectively and efficiently. Candidates must be able to work under pressure. It is a position that naturally suits positive people who possess the ability to be patient, empathetic and able to communicate with passion. The role will appeal to those who enjoy problem solving and to those who are confident at investigating complex queries. Part of the role will be to resolve customer complaints to a satisfactory standard. The candidate must be able to demonstrate that they are a quick learner, have a high attention to detail, be highly PC literate and are technologically adept. The candidate will be required to operate a complex, bespoke energy retail system, which the candidate will be trained to operate to carry out the role. These qualities are an absolute must allow the candidate to perform the role to the highest of standards. The culture at YGP is to work hard and play hard. We have high expectations from our staff, but in return we reward accordingly. YGP is keen to promote employee wellbeing and we include an extensive medical, optical and dental insurance plan for all staff upon completing of their probationary period. The benefit in kind tax is also paid for by YGP, which is a highly unusual step for an employer to take.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an office-based environment including customer services experience
• Gas and electricity industry knowledge is desirable
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Excellent and professional telephone manner;
• Excellent written and verbal skills;
• Positive attitude and willing to help customers
• Technologically adept;
• A problem solver and a logical thinker;
• Highly PC literate;
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook;
• Intermediate level of skill with Microsoft Excel (e.g. comfortable in writing basic Excel formulas);
• Accuracy and attention to detail to a very high standard;
• Good knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word;
• Excellent communication skills Benefits
• Basic salary of up to £18,000- £19,000, dependent upon experience
• Extensive private medical/optical/dental insurance made available to all employees
• Employee pension scheme with 3% employer contribution.
• 37.5 hour week Monday to Friday
Basic salary of up to £18,000- £19,000, dependent upon experience
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.